Thursday, March 31, 2011

Touch of Sun


waiting in melancholy
like a restive, unquite, summer bee.
...................


I spent time rummaging through an unorganized ' trunk '. What I held in hand was not quite what I intended to hold. Yet this, I knew, was all I would find today.

Sometimes, like now, it feels so, to bring the words to rhyme. I stop, thus, with the lines above, till the mind ( i.e the unorganized trunk ) makes poetry again.

This ( picture below ) has become a wall-paper out my balcony. Flowering to a happy yellow. And it seems to compete. The brighter the sun, brighter it beams. I will spend more time, swirling around it like the afore mentioned bee and spy into the nector. It might help to spell the sweetness it holds.
 

10 comments:

Honest Abe Lincoln said...

Very nice picture. What is the name for the bush? We have a yellow one similar to this and it is named, "Forsythia." You can Google the name and see what the bush looks like that we have.

365 Attempts (At Life) said...

"The brighter the sun, brighter it beams." I love that line. True of life, too.

Jilda said...

beautiful post and exquisite photograph

rosaria said...

Lovely lines. Poetry is the blood in your veins.

rebecca's rainbow kisses said...

I'm glad you found me as I am now finding you. Your blog speaks to what I hold dear.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yellow is such a happy color...and perfect for a bee!

Vicki Lane said...

I like the lines you found in your 'trunk.'

lines n shades said...

@Honest Abe Lincoln - thank you. it's called Peltophorum pterocarpum ( common name - copper pod ), a deciduous tree.

@Tanya - love the way you look at it :)

@Jilda - thank you :)

@rosaria - though i would love to be described so, i'm not there yet. but :), i'm all smiles. thank you.

lines n shades said...

@Rebecca - glad to have you here :) thank you .

@Pat - so true :) love the color.

@Vicki Lane - thank you :) i'm digging in deeper, to find some more.

juliet said...

What a happy flower.