Monday, May 16, 2011

almost

i have ineludible sights in front of me.

i walk long distances. against the breeze. towards the sea; the moving horizon. i pick up dirty mollusk shells. i leave a footprint. then another. most of them, the sea doesn't approve. yet, i live, we both live, with this continual disagreement. for as long as i walk.

is this a decision ? is this my choice ? is it yours ? what, fate? would you say so?

in the midst of this continuity, i sometimes stand still. there are wet grains beneath my stand. forgiving the mass, it delicately bears. i stand. i wait, till i feel your signs. till you almost take me. till i almost drown in life, inside of you.

so, at this shore i will be. for as long as you believe. for as long as you forgive. for as long as you remain. an ineludible sight in front of me.

2 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Delicate, teasing words and images!

The Unknowngnome said...

such is the landscape..... inescapable.

Another well written piece Aparna.