Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Behind a door




i feel my fingers on the brown metal. pressing against the uneven edge. i have it safe. sealed, beneath tightly gripping fingers. a key. a choice. a reason. a life. i have seen the door. many times before. i lived with it. even in my sleep. i listenned to it, creaking in rainy days. and many times more, like the chorus of a song. i yearned to see. the other side.

not now...do not wait.

i faced, what seemed an infinite lifetime. my heart. my mind. travelling backward. backward? i walked ahead. feigning. i walked ahead. believing.

i see you change.

i felt my fingers on the rusted metal. pressing against the uneven edge. i have it safe. before my eyes. but i stand behind a door. never seen before.

5 comments:

365 Attempts (At Life) said...

This is your loveliest piece. Poignant, haunting and lyrical.
Beautiful.

Emily Young said...

love it

Italo said...

Brava, beautiful lyrics.

juliet said...

How mysterious. I wonder what that door might open to? Nice to visit again now that Blogspot is back working again.

finite empathy said...

ah... I like this one.