Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Living

There is so much out there waiting to be seen, felt, loved. 

I walk out of the headroom, to the terrace. I climb the iron ladder, to the roof top. This space is my favorite little corner. It's my personal space. I go there to think, or to simply clear my mind. To stand face to face, with a view.

This is where I slow down. This is where I learn to see. Standing against the breeze from a distant shore, thoughts mellow to realism. From a larger perspective, everything seems so small. I wait for the moment when this realization strikes, deep within me. And when the moment arrives, I let my mind take flight.

I stop thinking. I stop analysing, finding a reason. I stop judging...even trying. That is when I feel alive. When I let it all away; when I let life remain as is, simple. I remember dad telling me, " What we know is only little ".  When there is courage to believe that, a realization follows : No matter what, it isn't the end of the world.

Life teaches a lot. It gives the will to live free. To not be anchored forever. Because there is always a permanence of change. It is just a matter of time.




3 comments:

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

This is a lovely, thought-provoking post. Thank you!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Beautiful words AND photograph.

Animesh Ganguly said...

So much said in such less space. Awesome it was. Loved a few lines particularly......
"From a larger perspective, everything seems so small."

"I remember dad telling me, " What we know is only little ". When there is courage to believe that, a realization follows : No matter what, it isn't the end of the world."

Beautiful!!